Sunday, July 03, 2016

Go with the Flow

Hello everyone,

It's Donna here today to share with you an easel card. I am loving these cute fish and shell dies. The fish are called "Happy Fish 1 (blue) and Happy Fish 2 (yellow).  They sure do look happy! I had so much fun creating this card....let's get started on how I created it.

This card is an easel card.  The base of the card is 4 1/4 x 11 long.  I scored at 4 1/4 and 2.  I added my design paper and then created all the elements on the card.  The sentiment was computer generated.


Here is a closer look at the fish 

 sentiment was computer generated

Here is started coloring the fish with copics. I love how the colors I choose they make the fish look so vibrant! After I finished coloring these, I used dimensional's to pop the fish on the circle.  

 I then colored the shells and then arranged them on the card.  I popped up the beige color shell over the yellow one.  I also used dimensional's on the green shell and used it to hold the fold up on the card.   

I cut out the largest cross-stitched circle from the cross-stitched circle set. The paper is already embossed with water like lines, and I thought it would make the perfect water background.  I used some distress inks to give the water an ombre look.  After adding all the elements to the circle die I adhered it to the center of the easel card.  To finish the card off, I added some bling to look like bubbles in the water.  I also added some tiny bling to the fish eyes. 



I hope you were inspired by my card.  Here are the list of dies I used:














2 comments:

Karen in PA said...

I love this card design and the fish are so cute. I like the ombre effect of your inking too.
K

Joanne said...

Very pretty card Donna. I love the water background with the beautiful fish and shells.